Wednesday, April 18, 2018

March Wrap-Up!

Hey guys! I hope your week is going well so far! Mine's been pretty busy - saw two plays over the weekend, four-hour long practice for my own play, and dance class. And then youth group today, but that's a relaxing one. 😊

So, somehow I only read two books last month... Two... I don't have many hopes for this month, because I have almost every single day booked, but I'm going to try my best! At least the two books I read last month were pretty good ones! 

  • Reckless (Mirrorworld, #1) Mar. 3rd/Mar. 9th - Reckless by Cornelia Funke - 4.5/5 s - This book definitely had some differences from the newer, rewritten version, The Petrified Flesh, but I actually think I may have enjoyed it more... This book was written so poetically (one of my favorite things about Cornelia's books) and oh my gosh, the illustrations 😍! They are seriously gorgeous. I honestly plan on buying this book at some point just because the artwork is so pretty. Though this edition was published under Middle Grade (whereas The Petrified Flesh was published as YA) and I definitely don't think that it should have been. And the author obviously agreed. 😂
  • Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3) Feb. 24th/Mar. 22nd - Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter - 4/5 ⭐s - Ugh, I thought I was done with taking an entire month to finish a book... *flops* Though, I guess it wasn't an entire month, considering February only had 28 days... 🤷 I really did like this book! It did frustrate me because the MC knows nothing about what's going on, so therefore you know nothing about what's going on, and almost everyone else does... But really, I think the main reason for the 4-star rating is that it took me so long to finish it. But my schedule is insane right now and my nights are usually filled with writing right now. 


Well, that's it for my upsettingly short wrap-up! I hope you had a better reading month than I did! Let me know what your favorite March read was down in the comments! 

~Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment