Wednesday, March 7, 2018

February Wrap-Up!

Wow, I can't believe it's March already... 😱 Where in the world did January and February go?? Only two more months until I'm an official adult and no more high school... Wow... Anyway, ignore my mini aging crisis and please enjoy this little wrap-up of all the books that I read in February! I read five books this month and I swear I was hit with all of the feelings, guys... 


  • The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.4) Jan. 30th/Feb. 11th - The Assassin and the Underworld by Sarah J. Maas - 4.5/5 ⭐s - This one took me a little longer to read than the others because I fell behind in a buddy read and it took me a little while to catch back up. This book... All the feels, guys... Certain things in the second half of the book made me both really happy and really sad (if you know what happens, then you know why). I had such a hard time putting this one down once I picked it back up! 
  • The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass, #0.5) Feb. 11th/Feb. 16th - The Assassin and the Empire by Sarah J. Maas - 4.5/5 ⭐s - So, I finally finished this during a readathon and... Oh. My. Heart. 💔💔 See, I was expecting pain, but not like this... Though I didn't cry, I also knew what was going to happen, so maybe that's why... I just didn't expect certain events to happen the way they did. The ending scene was absolutely amazing though! I need to pick up Crown of Midnight soon... 
  • Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book Feb. 13th/Feb. 17th - Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly - 4/5 ⭐s - So, of course, I enjoyed this book because it was Beauty and the Beast, but I was actually really disappointed... It didn't seem to fit the Beauty and the Beast theme... I plan on writing a more detailed review of this soon though, so I'll leave it here for now. This was another readathon read. 
  • Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2) Feb. 16th/Feb. 17th Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter - 5/5 ⭐s - Okay, I loved this book! The first book, I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, was a 4-star read for me - not bad, but not absolutely amazing either. This book though, I sped through it! And I could blame it on the readathon, but honestly, I think I would have sped through it anyway. The plot was amazing and I was in a serious book hangover until I got the library for the third book in the series (which I'm currently reading now). I seriously wish that this was longer than six books... I'm already halfway through. I haven't made this much progress in a series in a while... 😂
  • Spy High Mission Two: Chaos Rising Feb. 17th/Feb. 19th - Spy High Mission Two: Chaos Rising by A. J. Butcher - 4/5 ⭐s - This book was definitely better than the first one. I used to own the first one, but there was so little that I liked about it that I ended up taking it to my local used bookstore for in-store credit. In the first book, all of the MCs were so stereotypical in the beginning that it was almost annoying, and I usually don't mind cliches and stereotypes in books. Thankfully, a couple of them got more complex by the end of the first book, and that was enough to make me determined to continue the series in the hopes that it would get better. Thankfully, I wasn't disappointed! The plot in this book was a lot better to me, and most of the characters were a lot more enjoyable and had better character development! Though there were still some aspects that I didn't like, and I still don't care for Ben, but I already have the next book on hold at my library, so we'll see how the next one is! 

Well, that was it for my February wrap-up! Hope you guys enjoyed! If you've read any of these, what did you think?? 

~ Allie 

No comments:

Post a Comment