Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February Book Haul!

Hey guys! So you know how in my last post I said that I was on a roll and hopefully didn't jinx myself? Well yeah, apparently I did... 😂 School has been a jerk... But I'm going to try to stock up on posts for the next few weeks so it won't happen again! That being said, I got 16 books this month! More than I planned, but I only bought a few of them, so it's okay. 😂
  1. The Clockwork Three The Clockwork Three by Matthew J. Kirby - I read this book four or five years ago when I got it from the library and I remember really enjoying it but I can't really remember what all happened, so when I found it at a thrift store, I bought it out of curiosity to read it again and see if I still enjoy it. 😂
  2. The Humming Room The Humming Room by Ellen Potter - My dad found this one at a thrift store and bought it for me, thinking it would be something I would like. It's got a bit of a ghost story-type feel to me, which is something I don't read much of, so we'll see how this goes! I really like the title's font, though. 😂
  3. Uglies (Uglies, #1) Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - I've had Uglies on my TBR for a while now and just hadn't gotten it from the library yet. But I found this copy at my local used bookstore so I decided to just go ahead and get it! Plus, if I don't like it, I can take it back and get half of my money back in store credit for a different book, as long as I keep the sticker on the back. 😁
  4. Dawn Undercover Dawn Undercover by Anna Dale - I found this book at my used bookstore as well and thought it sounded cool. I'm on a major spy kick right now. I'm addicted to the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter at the moment. It's seriously so good, guys. 😂
  5. The Fool's Girl The Fool's Girl by Celia Rees - This book is based on the Shakespeare play Twelfth Night and my best friend said the play was absolutely amazing so I am really curious about this book! I'm expecting humor since Twelfth Night is a comedy, but we'll see how it goes!
  6. A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas - Since I got A Court of Thorns and Roses for Christmas, I thought I'd go ahead and get this one since it was only $8 so that I would have it when I need it. Which is hopefully soon, considering I really want to read this series. 😂
  7. Battle of the Beasts (House of Secrets, #2) Battle of the Beasts by Chris Columbus & Ned Vizzini - I read the first book in this series a few years ago and liked it but never grabbed the second book when it came out. But this book... was a dollar at my Dollar Tree. A dollar, guys. This is a pretty popular series too, so I was shocked. And therefore I bought it because I have no self-control. 😂
  8. Battledoors: The Golden Slate Battledoors: The Golden Slate by Brian Wilkinson - Okay, this book, along with the next three, are e-books that I have received for review on Netgalley.com and will be reading/reviewing within the next few months. I was actually shocked that I received this book, much less the other three. 😂 I'm a pretty small blogger who's just now starting their blog back up and my Instagram doesn't have thousands of followers like a lot of others, so I wasn't expecting much, but I guess in order for me to get a good reputation on Netgalley, some people have to give me a chance and I'm really happy about it! 😁 
  9. Olympian Challenger Olympian Challenger by Astrid Arditi - Another review book; I'm super excited for this one! It's Greek mythology, guys. Right up my alley. 😂 It sounds really cool and I really can't wait to read it! 
  10. Song of Blood & Stone (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1) Song of Blood & Stone by L. Penelope - This. Cover. 😍 I swear, it's absolutely beautiful, and I kind of wish I had a paper copy of this just so it could sit on my shelves and be shone off. This is actually the first one of the four that I'll be reviewing since it comes out on May 1st, so I'll be reading it either this month or the next! 
  11. Fawkes Fawkes by Nadine Brandes - I think this was the review copy that I was the most surprised about receiving... 😂 I honestly was not expecting this one at all since I'm a pretty small blogger right now, but I was so excited when I got it. I seriously squealed. 😂 My friend Sierra also received a copy and is already almost done with it and she's shared some really good quotes that make me even more excited to read it! Plus, that cover! 😍
  12. The Flight of the Silvers (Silvers, #1) The Flight of the Silvers by Daniel Price - And now, of course, the other monthly Dollar Tree buys. I'm pretty sure this is going to be an ongoing thing now that there's a Dollar Tree right next door to my acting/youth building... 😂 It's very unsafe for a book dragon with absolutely no sense of self-control when it comes to book buying. But I'm sorry if a book is a dollar or less and in brand new or like new condition, I'm going to buy it, even if it only sounds vaguely interesting. Again, no self-control. 😂 But this book looked really cool and it sounds kind of A Wrinkle in Time-esque based on the synopsis, so we'll see!
  13. Jack of Ravens Jack of Ravens by Mark Chadbourn - Okay, last Dollar Tree buy of the month, I swear! 😂 I honestly can't even remember what this book is about... Obviously, it sounded interesting if I bought it, so we'll just say that it probably sounds really cool and the cover is epic. 😂 
  14. The World of the Hunger Games The World of the Hunger Games by Kate Egan - My dad came home from the thrift store one day with this little piece of amazingness, and I am seriously so excited to read it. 😂 I can't wait to see what it says and what it's actually about because the synopsis is kind of vague... But it now has a position with the actual Hunger Games trilogy in my library. It should feel very proud of how far it has come. (Oh my gosh, I'm so weird😂) 
  15. The Neverending Story The Neverending Story by Michael Ende - I was totally not expecting to get any more books after The World of the Hunger Games, but when I got home from acting practice last Monday, my dad hands me this and asks if I've ever heard of it. Now, I've seen this movie so many times because my brother and his daughter are addicted, and when I found out that it was a book, of course, I added it to my TBR. But I was not expecting my dad to say that he looked it up online and found out that it's a $50 book. 😱 I don't know about you guys, but I always get super excited whenever I find a rare or expensive book and even if this book wasn't on my TBR, I probably would have kept it because it's so pretty! It's illustrated and the text is colored and there's a pattern beneath the dust jacket... 💗
  16. Rain in the Morning Rain in the Morning by Flo - This is another book that my dad found at a thrift store and considering I don't own a single book of poetry, I felt especially inclined to keep it. 😂 I'm not entirely sure how this book was distributed because there's no ISBN number or barcode or anything for it to be sold... So maybe it was sold by the author/artist or it was given away or something? Either way, it's a book full of poems and drawings describing Tanzania and I'm really excited to read it! 

Well, that concludes my book haul for the month of February! If you've read any of the books above, let me know in the comments! 

~ Allie 

No comments:

Post a Comment