Friday, January 19, 2018

Last Book Haul of 2017!


Hey guys! So, even though it's already the middle of January, the amount of books I acquired last month was too amazing to not post about it. πŸ˜‚ Seriously, I got... *drumroll* 47 books in the month of December!! I am both proud and ashamed of that number... πŸ˜‚ In my defense though, I didn't pay for any of these! The photo below actually only shows some of them. There are about six books not included in this picture because they hadn't been purchased yet. πŸ˜‚ And in case you hadn't already figured it out, warning - this is going to be a pretty long post. πŸ˜‚




1 thru 12 & 24 thru 32 - Books from Goodwill/Thrift Stores
13 thru 23 - Books I Received For Christmas


  1. A Teenager's Daily Prayer Book by Crystal Kirgiss and Christopher Lyon (no picture) - So this is a devotional for teens and I've really been wanting to get back into reading my Bible or at least a devotional every day, so I actually got two new devotionals last year. I have to admit though, I haven't read a single one yet because I keep completely forgetting. πŸ˜• Maybe I can catch up this week... 
  2. Power Play (Kingdom Keepers, #4)  Power Play by Ridley Pearson - This is the fourth book in the Kingdom Keepers series and while I've technically read it once or twice before, this series is one that I would love to own the complete set of one day and I really hope to re-read it soon! 
  3. The Viper's Nest (39 Clues, #7)  The Viper's Nest by Peter Lerangis - Another book that I've read before but really want to collect the series! This book is the seventh in the 39 Clues series, which I also hope to re-read someday. πŸ˜‚
  4. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer  The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain - So this is a classic that I probably should have read in like, middle school but I never did. And now that I have an interest in classics, I really want to read it! Also, I found out that The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is the sequel to this book... Thank you, Goodreads. πŸ˜‚
  5. The Watsons and Emma Watson  The Watsons & Emma Watson by Joan Aiken - So technically, Emma Watson is written by Jane Austen, but it was an unfinished story that she never got the chance to finish before she passed away. Joan Aiken decided to pick up the story and write The Watsons to continue the piece that Jane Austen wrote. I haven't heard very good reviews, but I'm going to read it myself before I make a choice. 
  6. The Rose Labyrinth  The Rose Labyrinth by Titiana Hardie - This is another book that doesn't have very good reviews, but the book itself came in a box along with a map that you have to put together yourself along with the story and it looks so cool that I couldn't pass it up! Hopefully, I'll be one of the people who actually enjoy the story. 
  7. The Last Treasure  The Last Treasure by Janet S. Anderson - There's not really much to say about this one. πŸ˜‚ It's a middle grade standalone and it's only 257 pages, so it shouldn't take me too long to read it!
  8. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry  The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin - So, this is one of the first adult books I have ever bought, if not the first. πŸ˜‚ But, it's about a man who owns a bookstore and I couldn't resist buying it. 
  9. The Thirteenth Tale  The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield - Yet another adult book. And this one is about an author, so of course, I bought it. Plus, the cover is amazing. πŸ˜‚
  10. The Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes  The Mysteries of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle - This book is filled with about 9 or 10 of the Sherlock Holmes mysteries and I read a couple of shortened versions of Sherlock Holmes in middle school and really enjoyed them, so I was really happy to find this for like a dollar or maybe less! 
  11. Great Bear Lake (Seekers, #2)  Great Bear Lake by Erin Hunter - See below!
  12. Smoke Mountain (Seekers, #3)  Smoke Mountain by Erin Hunter - Great Bear Lake and Smoke Mountain are the second and third books in the Seekers series. I've read both of them before and didn't love them, but it's been years so I decided to give them another chance. I got the first book a few months before. 
  13. A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)  A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - Oh my gosh I am so excited for this book, guys!! So I participated in The Broke and The Bookish Secret Santa exchange and my SS was amazing and got me so many wonderful things including this book (which I've been wanting for a couple years now) and the next two books in this list! This book is definitely on my TBR for this year! (It's the first book in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series)
  14. Eliza and Her Monsters  Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia - So I recently read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and my SS told me that if I enjoyed that (which I loved it!) then I should really enjoy this book and I'm super excited to read it! 
  15. Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles Trilogy #1)  Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows - This is the first book in the Fallen Isles trilogy. I actually just read The Orphan Queen by this author and I really enjoyed it (I need to buy the sequel soon!) so I'm excited to see what I think of this one!
  16. Furthermore (Furthermore, #1)  Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi - One of my best friends, Sierra, found this book and thought it sounded like something I would enjoy and after reading the synopsis, I definitely agree! It's the first book in the Furthermore... series?? I'm really not sure how many books there are/will be. πŸ˜‚ Fun fact - Tahereh Mafi is married to Ransom Riggs (the author of Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children) in case you're like me and didn't know! I thought it was cool. πŸ˜‚ 
  17. The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #3)  The Ship of the Dead by Rick Riordan - I technically got this book in November, but it was an early Christmas present from my parents because it's a signed copy from Barnes and Noble. This is the third and final book in the Magnus Chase trilogy and I am ashamed to say that I have only read The Sword of Summer so far. πŸ˜‚
  18. Renegades (Renegades, #1)  Renegades by Marissa Meyer - This is another signed copy that I got from Barnes and Noble as an early Christmas present! It's the first book in what I think is going to be a duology? Maybe? I know there's going to be at least a sequel! 
  19. The Final Spark (Michael Vey, #7)  The Final Spark by Richard Paul Evans - This is the seventh and final book in the Michael Vey series. I've only read up to the fourth book, The Hunt for Jade Dragon, and so I had to get the link for this book from Goodreads very carefully. πŸ˜‚
  20. Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)  Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas - Yet another book that I had to be very careful about getting the link for! This is the fifth book in the Throne of Glass series and I've only read the first book, Throne of Glass, so far. Though I am currently reading the prequel, The Assassin's Blade, and buddy reading/re-reading Throne of Glass with another bestie! I've heard this book has an insane ending, so I'm kind of scared, actually. πŸ˜‚
  21. Warcross (Warcross, #1)  Warcross by Marie Lu - This is the first book in the Warcross series (I'm just gonna say series even though I have no idea other than it's book oneπŸ˜‚). I'm a big fan of Marie Lu's book Legend and this book sounded really cool, so I was really happy when I got it for Christmas!
  22. Red Queen: Collector's Edition  Collector's Edition of Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard - So, I already own all three books in the Red Queen series that are published so far, but when I saw the Target Red edition of Red Queen, I couldn't help but ask for it for Christmas and my amazing sister got it for me, along with the Red Queen coloring book that I am so excited to start!
  23. Happily Ever After (The Selection, #0.4, 0.5, 2.5, 3.1, 3.5)  Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass - This book contains all of the short stories and bonus chapters for The Selection series, along with a map of the story's world and multiple illustrations throughout the book that I am so excited to see! This series is one of the series that I am determined to finish this year!
  24. A Heart's Disguise (A Journey of the Heart, #1)  A Journey of the Heart series by Colleen Coble - So, since I have all six books in the series, I'm throwing these into one section in attempt to make it somewhat shorter. πŸ˜‚ The link is to the first book, A Heart's Disguise. It's a historical, Christian fiction set during the Civil War era so I'm curious to see how it is!
  25. The Capture (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #1)  Guardians of Ga'hoole by Kathryn Lasky - Specifically, books 2-7! The link is to the first book so there are no spoilers or anything. I loved this series when I was younger and I plan on re-reading them at some point. πŸ˜‚
  26. Journal Of William Thomas Emerson, A Revolutionary War Patriot (My Name Is America)  The Journal of William Thomas Emerson by Barry Denenberg - This is one of the My Name is America books which is a little side series with the Dear America books and it's set in the year 1774 during the Revolutionary War. I basically just buy whichever ones I don't own when it comes to these. πŸ˜‚
  27. My Secret War: The World War II Diary of Madeline Beck, Long Island, New York 1941 (Dear America)  My Secret War by Mary Pope Osborne - This is actually one of the Dear America books, set in 1941 during WWII. Another fun fact - Mary Pope Osborne also writes one of my favorite childhood series, The Magie Treehouse series! 
  28. Book of the Dead (TombQuest, #1)  Book of the Dead by Michael Northrop - This is the first book in the TombQuest series. It's another one of Scholastic's online adventure series, so there's a game with codes and quests on their website, just like with The 39 Clues and Spirit Animals! I really like mythology, so I'm excited to see how this book is!
  29. The Animal Ark Treasury  The Animal Ark Treasury by Ben M. Baglio - The Animal Ark series is another childhood favorite and I still like collecting the books, so that's basically why I now own this. πŸ˜‚ From my understanding, it's multiple short stories along with one full sized story in the end. 
  30. Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1)  Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer - I technically already own the first book in this series. My dad came upon the second, third, fourth, and fifth books at a thrift store and bought them for me so now I have the first five books! 
  31. A Frozen Heart  A Frozen Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick - So this is the story of the Disney movie Frozen told from Anna's and Hans' POVs, which I'm really curious about! And this book is seriously gorgeous! 
  32. The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog, #1)  Hank the Cowdog by John R. Erickson - I got the first four books in the series and though they're technically written for a much younger audience, I still plan to read them before I pass them down to one of my nieces or my nephew. πŸ˜‚


Well, if you made it through this incredibly long post, I both applaud and thank you for sticking it through! I almost gave up on writing it a couple of times and it was my idea. πŸ˜‚ If you've read any of these books, let me know in the comments and tell me what you thought! 

~Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment