Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Update!

And.... it's the middle of April....... I have seriously been so busy these past few months between school, dance, and acting! But now my acting performance is in two weeks, my dance recital is in less than a month.....and I....am in a boot because I sprained my ankle last week. 😒I am hoping so badly that my ankle will be healed by the time my dance recital comes around... But we'll see! Anyway, since I have a bit more free time right now, I thought I'd take the chance to give a bit of an update about what's happened over the past few months! (Also, I'll be putting Goodreads links to each book that I mention in my posts so you can check them out!)

Since I've missed my February and March wrap-ups, I thought I'd just say how many books I read and what my favorites and least favorites were, along with my book for my challenge that month!  

So in February, I read 13 books! I rated seven 5 stars, five 4 stars, and one 3 stars! My favorite book (not including my re-reads) in February was probably Wandering Star by Romina Russell! I mean, this book seriously gives you all of the feels....It's so good!!! My least favorite was definitely George's Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl. I pretty much struggled through reading this... My challenge prompt for February was A Book I Can Finish in a Day, and I read Molly and the Movie Star by Valerie Tripp! This was one of my 4-star reads!

In March, I only read 6 books... Three of them were rated 5 stars, and the other three were 4 stars! My favorite book was probably Inkheart by Cornelia Funke! I actually enjoyed it more this time around than the first time that I read it! Even though the rating was probably leaning a bit more towards 4.5 stars instead of 5, I love the characters in this book so much! I actually don't have a least favorite for March.... 😂 My challenge prompt for March was A Book That Intimidates Me. I chose City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, but unfortunately, I was not able to finish it by the end of March and ended up finishing it this month instead! I did really enjoy it though (that ending!)! 

Also, right now I'm in the middle of reading three (technically four) books! I'm buddy reading Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke with my friend Shelby, buddy reading A Time to Die by Nadine Brandes with my friend Sierra (early birthday present and it's signed!!), and re-reading The Selection by Kiera Cass for my book club! The reason I said "technically four" is because I started Bellamy and the Brute by Alicia Michaels last Tuesday, but I'm only on, like, page 3? And because of my buddy reads and The Selection, I haven't been able to pick it back up yet.....😂😂 

Okay, I think that's a pretty good update! I will try to remember to post next week! Bye!

~Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment