Sunday, April 30, 2017

April 2017 Wrap-Up!

I am on a roll with posting on time this month! 😂 So I read six books this month! I've been buddy reading two books, along with my book that I'm reading whenever I'm able to, so not a whole lot of books got finished! This amount actually doubled because I participated in a 24-hour readathon on Twitter yesterday so I was able to finish my current read and read two more books! Out of the six I read this month, one was a 3 star read, three were rated 4 stars, and the other two were given 5 stars! My favorite read this month was Inkspell by Cornelia Funke, and my least favorite was the 11th volume of Shugo Chara!

Since it was taking me so long to get through books this month, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to complete my book challenge this month since the prompt was A Book Published Before I Was Born, but I actually read The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket, which was published a year before I was born, so I succeeded! 😂 May's prompt is A Book Published This Year and I'm hoping to get The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan for my birthday so I can read that one! I'm so excited for that book!

Now, on to the books I read this month, along with my mini reviews!


  • March 21st/April 3rd - Inkspell (Inkworld - Book 2) by Cornelia Funke - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - I'm buddy reading the Inkworld trilogy with my friend Shelby and this is by far my favorite of the trilogy so far! I loved this book so much! I definitely enjoyed it more than Inkheart, but my favorite character (*cough* Dustfinger *cough*) had a bigger part in this one, and the world this one takes place in is so amazing! The ending was absolute and utter pain - I hyperventilated when I read it - but I also loved it as well, and I can't wait to see how the trilogy ends!  
  • March 16th/April 9th - City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments - Book 1) by Cassandra Clare - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - This book was technically my book for last month's prompt of a book that intimidated me, but I wasn't able to actually finish it until this month! I absolutely love Jace and his sass. 😂 And even though I knew about the major plot twist at the end, and what ends up happening already, it was written so well that I wasn't sure if I actually did know what happens or not. 😂
  • 9th/11th - The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events - Book 1) by Lemony Snicket - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - I'm working my way through the beginning of this series so that I can actually make it to the end! I really want to finish it, especially now that the show is out! Now that I'm re-reading this series, I've noticed more little details that I didn't before, such as how the last picture at the end of each book hints at where they go in the next book! (Ex. at the end of The Bad Beginning, there's a snake slithering across the ground)
  • 16th/29th - The Selection (The Selection - Book 1) by Kiera Cass - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - I re-read this beauty for my book club read this month! I still absolutely love this book! Maxon is such a sweet little dork. 😂 This is the only book in the series I've read so far, so I'm excited to see how the rest of the series goes! 
  • 29th - The Road to the Future (Shugo Chara - Book 11) by Peach-Pit - ⭐⭐⭐ - This is technically the last book in the Shugo Chara series because book 12 is kind of an epilogue. The reason I gave this one three stars is because in about the first half of the book I barely had any idea what was going on. It was pretty confusing and it didn't really get fully explained even by the end. I did enjoy the ending of the book, along with the pairing they announced, but it definitely was not my favorite in the series. 
  • 29th - Shugo Chara Encore (Shugo Chara - Book 12) by Peach-Pit - ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - That being said about book 11, I enjoyed this one a lot more! I loved that each section was about a different pair of characters ending up together and I was definitely happy with who ended up with who! All in all, I'd say it was definitely a good way to end the series! I would've been happy with more, but this still wrapped everything up pretty well! 
That's it for the books that I read this month! I'll be posting an April Book Haul soon as well! Bye! 

~Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment