Sunday, October 30, 2016

October Wrap-up!!!!!

Hello again! I'm actually remembering to post!!! This is technically a day or two early, but with the books I'm currently reading right now, I will definitely not be finishing either one by tomorrow night.....XD I joined a book club with my school that "meets" (on the computer) twice a month!! And I'm now a book club helper, so I'm excited!

So, I apparently had a pretty busy month this month because I only read 8 books and 4 of them I could literally start and finish each one in a day... But at least the books I read this month were good! Five of them were 4 stars and the other three were 5 stars!

October's reading challenge was to read " A Book That I've Read at Least Once" and I may or may not have jumped at the chance to read The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (aka the first book in my favorite series) for like the 4th, 5th, or 6th time.... (I may or may not have lost count of how many times I've read it....XD) Next month's challenge is "A Book That Intimidates Me" and so far I plan on reading The Kill Order by James Dashner, but I'm not positive so it may change.....



  • 5th - Who Do You Want to Be? (Shugo Chara - Vol. 1) by Peach-Pit. I borrowed this one from my friend Shelby again so that I could refresh my memory before I read book 4. 4 stars once again, and still as good as I remember!
  • Sep. 14th/Oct. 5th - Valkyrie (Valkyrie - Book 1) by Kate O'Hearn. I bought this book in May with a birthday gift card and actually read it this month....XD I actually have a different cover than the one shown in my collage, but that's the one Goodreads decided to give me when I saved the pic....XD I really enjoyed this book and am very excited for the next one! I gave it 4 stars!
  • 6th - Friends in Need (Shugo Chara - Vol. 2) by Peach-Pit. Borrowed this one to refresh my memory also! I enjoyed it and it still has 4 stars!
  • 7th - Can a Bad Guy Turn Good? (Shugo Chara - Vol. 3) by Peach-Pit. Same as volumes 1 and 2! XD 4 stars!
  • 8th - Character Swap! (Shugo Chara - Vol. 4) by Peach-Pit. I actually read a new one!! This one was very good and it got 4 stars! I borrowed volumes 5, 6, and 7 from Shelby so I'll hopefully read them in November!
  • 11th/18th - Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass - Book 1) by Sarah J. Maas. Oh. My. Gosh. I loved this book from the very first sentence! I enjoyed it so much and I'm really hoping to get the whole series for Christmas this year, because I borrowed this one from Shelby for my book club and I hated giving it back....... In case you couldn't tell, I gave Throne of Glass 5 stars! The cover in the picture is actually different from the one I read and I absolutely love the design of the copy I read!
  • 19th/23rd - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children - Book 1) by Ransom Riggs. This was another book for book club! I actually read it for a book club with my friends a couple of years ago and wasn't a big fan, but I bought it this time because I wanted to reread it anyway and I actually liked it a lot more this time! I actually gave it 5 stars this time around!
  • 23rd/29th - The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians - Book 1) by Rick Riordan. I don't think I even need to write a review for this one anymore.........we all know I gave it 5 stars....XD
Well that's all for this month!! I'll be making another post either tonight or tomorrow talking about a giveaway I'm doing on Instagram (I'll be posting my Instagram name on the side bar of the blog!) so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment