Thursday, October 13, 2016

And the Worst Book Blogger Award Goes To.....

Me.....Unfortunately....I have been really bad about remembering to post....Between vacation, school, drama, and dance I completely forgot that this blog existed for a bit.....But I'm going to try very hard to get back into posting once a week (probably on the weekends)! So here's an update for the past 4 months....

In June I read 10 books! One 3 star (The Sea of Monsters : Graphic Novel by Rick Riordan), four 4 stars (Our Strange New Land by Patricia Hermes, Zodiac by Romina Russell, The Queen's Army by Marissa Meyer, and Against the Tide by Tui T. Sutherland) , and five 5 stars (Dark Sunshine by Terri Farley, The Renegade by Terri Farley, Half-Blood by Jaye L. Knight, Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, and The Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz)! Scarlet was my book for my June prompt which was "Book chosen for me by a friend" which was chosen by my friend Sierra! (Technically Zodiac could fit into that prompt too as my friend Shelby got me to borrow it from her and read it!) I can't decide if my favorite of the month was Half-Blood or Scarlet....I absolutely loved both of them!!

In July I read 7 books! One 3 star (Descendants : Junior Novel by Disney), three 4 stars (Pretty Lady of Saratoga by Deborah G. Felder, Inuyasha - Volume 1 by Rumiko Takahashi, and The Clone Codes by Patricia C. McKissack), and three 5 stars (Free Again by Terri Farley, Rise and Fall by Eliot Schrefer, and The Challenger by Terri Farley)! Technically the book I planned to read for the July prompt, which was "A book that was published before I was born", didn't get read....however I ended up reading Pretty Lady of Saratoga which was published a year before I was born so I still succeeded!I honestly can't pick a favorite out of these....XD

In August I only read 2 books.....that was a very busy month for me though....I seriously started drama, dance, school, and went on vacation all in the same month... Please Don't Tell My Parents I'm a Supervillain by Richard Roberts and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll were both 3 stars! I read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland for the August prompt which was "A book that was/is banned".....let's just say that it is a very...interesting....book....XD My favorite of the two was Please Don't Tell My Parents I'm a Supervillain! While I wasn't a fan of the amount of romance between a couple of 13 (if that) year olds, I really liked the fact that the book was from the POV of villains instead of heroes!

Finally, in September I read 6 books! I actually only had one 4 star book (The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot) and the rest (Dragonspell by Donita K. Paul, Return to the Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz, and Inuyasha - Volumes 2, 3, and 4) were all 5 stars! I read the Princess Diaries for the September prompt "Book I previously abandoned".  My favorite was Dragonspell! It was so good!!!

~~~~~~

Also, I joined a bookclub with my school this month and the first meeting is on Friday!!! They apparently decided last month (I hadn't joined yet) to read Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas and even though I doubt I'll finish it by Friday as I started it on Monday, I decided to try and read as much as I could (thankfully Shelby owns it!!) and so far I am in love!!! I haven't enjoyed a book this much in a few months!! I absolutely love that Celaena is the type of person that falls in love with a library out of the whole castle and stays up until 4 in the morning even though she has to get up early the next morning!

Okay! All caught up!! I'll try to post weekly from now on!!!

~Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment