Saturday, January 9, 2016

Happy New Year!!!!!!

  Okay, so new year, new attitude towards blogging on time! XD I'm going to change my attempt from posting every day to just posting on the weekends if I can....Because I am determined to stay caught up in my schoolwork this semester and I'll never end up posting on the weekdays anyway unless I'm wide awake and really bored with nothing else to do and have the want to write....XD So, I meant to write a post with all of the books I read in November, and I started it, but I never finished it and it's too late now....so I'm gonna post a December Read post this weekend! My friend Sierra from 26 Countless Possibilities  tagged me in a Goodreads Tag so I'll post that one tomorrow! :D

*******

  I just realized that I need to show off my beautiful books that I got for Christmas!! 

 

The one in the center is Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan! I obviously love everything Percy Jackson, so I have pretty high expectations for this book! The one above Greek Heroes is Disney Lands by Ridley Pearson! It's the first book in the series Kingdom Keepers: The Return which is a sequel series to the Kingdom Keepers! The book on the left is Storm of Lightning by Richard Paul Evans!! It's the fifth book in the Michael Vey series and I can't wait to read it!!!!!!! I'm soooo excited for it!!!!! Finally, the book on the right is Path of Stars by Erin Hunter! It's the last book in the Warriors: Dawn of the Clans series and I'm really curious to see how they end it! (I'm also really excited about the new Warriors series that will be coming out this year!!) 

*******

   Since I have this post already open, I'll add which books I'm currently reading! I'm currently in the middle of four cause that's apparently just how I roll.....XD

Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes

  The first book I'm reading is Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan! This one is about the Greek Heroes like Perseus, Jason, and Atalanta and so far it's really good! I love Percy's comments! I'm currently on page 92 out of 412!


City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

  The second book I'm reading is City of Bones by Cassandra Clare! City of Bones is the first book in The Mortal Instruments series! I actually got the first four books in this series for Christmas too, but I don't currently have a pic which really stinks because the covers are amazing!! I'll have to add a pic on another post one day! I'm currently only on page 60 out of 485.......but I plan on reading more of it soon!!!

The Menagerie (Menagerie, #1)

  The third book I'm reading is The Menagerie by Tui T. Sutherland and Kari Sutherland! This one is the first book in the Menagerie series! The Menagerie is a book that I got from my library's e-book library! I'm a huge fan of the e-book library since we don't go to the library as much since my dad doesn't get off from work until it's too late to make it to the library most days and I haven't gotten my permit yet! (I'm working on it though!!) I actually don't know how far in page-wise or percentage-wise I am in this book since the e-book version doesn't tell me, which is my only complaint about the e-book library so far.... But I do know that I'm on chapter 10 out of 34!


Pride and Prejudice

  The last book that I'm currently reading is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen! I was supposed to read this one for school but I didn't get the chance to finish it before I had to take it back to the library... And I really enjoyed what I had read so I decided to get it on my Kindle to finish it! I love that the Kindle store gives you the classics for free!! I don't know what it is about this book that makes me enjoy it so much considering there are some words that I have to look up because I'm not sure what they mean.... I think it's the way it's worded.....Now that I'm older I actually appreciate (it took me a minute to think of that word......this is what I get for writing a blog post at two in the morning....) the older style of writing more.....It's part of what made me fall in love with Anne of Green Gables when I read it a second time a few months ago!

*******

  Okay, lastly before I finish this blog post.....I'm going to attempt to do a 2016 reading challenge that I found on Facebook! It's a checklist with twelve prompts for books (one for each month) and I already have the books I want to read put into the calendar on my phone! This month's book prompt is "A Book I Should've Read For School" which is going to be Pride and Prejudice since I've started it and I was supposed to read it last year! Okay! That's it for now! I'll try and post more this weekend!!

~Allie~ 

BTW - I tried out a thing to divide my post into different parts with the little star things (whose name escapes me...) and I really like how it looks, so I think I'll use it from now on when I have multiple different things to say! 

BTW #2 - If you got any books or book related things for Christmas, I would love to hear about it if you want to comment and tell me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment