Thursday, July 16, 2015

Review! Take the Reins by Jessica Burkhart (Canterwood Crest - Book 1)

 Two down, at least ten more to go!!! Warning: This may be a pitiful review because it's been a month since I finished it and I've read multiple other books in the time between now and then!
Take the Reins (Canterwood Crest, #1)
About the book: When Sasha Silver and her horse, Charm, arrive on the campus of the elite Canterwood Crest Academy, Sasha knows that she's in trouble. She's not exactly welcomed with open arms. One group of girls in particular is used to being the best, the brightest, and the prettiest on the team, and when Sasha shows her skills in the arena, the girls' claws come out. Sasha is determined to prove that she belongs at Canterwood. Will she rise to the occasion and make the advanced riding team by the end of her first semester? Or will the pressure send Sasha packing? 

Pages: 249 (I think this is the first one without a preview of the next book in it....)
Genre(s): Preteen

Age range: 10-12+

POV: First Person, Sasha - Main character, 12 (7th grade)

Stars: 4/5

Review:  This is the first book about horses that I've read in a while! I really missed it! I do wish that they hadn't introduced relationships and relationship problems in a book about seventh graders....but I didn't mind it enough that it ruined the book! The story line of this one was pretty good, but it's definitely not on my favorites list.....

This might be updated again later if I read the book again...I can't remember too many exact details.....This is what happens when you get behind in your posts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment