Monday, June 1, 2015

Bookshelf Tour - Children of the Lamp

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days! My cousin is visiting and the only reason I have time to post right now is because we're having a Disney movie marathon! At the moment I plan on making two posts today because I don't really think I want to have more than one Tour post a day...But we'll see! The reason this is only one book this time is 1. Because it's part of a series even though I only own the first one, and 2. Because the next books are a series too and I don't want to put more than one series in a single post!
 
Bookshelf: Favorites!

Name: Children of the Lamp

Series: Yes!

Author: P. B. Kerr

Genre: Preteen, Fantasy

Age range: 10+

Number of books in the series: 7 (According to Goodreads)

Books I own: The Akhenaten Adventure (Book 1)

Books I've read: The Akhenaten Adventure

About the first book: Meet John and Philippa Gaunt, twelve-year-old twins who one day discover themselves to be descended from a long line of djinn. All of a sudden, they have the power to grant wishes, travel to extraordinary places, and make people and objects disappear. Luckily (and luck does have something to do with it), the twins are introduced to their eccentric djinn-uncle Nimrod, who will teach them how to harness their newly found power. And not a moment too soon. . . since John and Phillipa are about to embark on a search to locate a monstrous pharaoh named Akhenaten and his eerie tomb. Standing in their way is Iblis - the most evil djinn in the universe. Will the twins be strong and skilled and clever enough to outwit Iblis and live to see another adventure?

Opinion: So far this series is very good, but it's also pretty weird in parts! Including the fact that the uncle's name is Nimrod...in the beginning I considered stopping the book, but I'm glad I didn't because I do like the way it ends and I do plan on getting the second book from the library at some point! I'll probably have a better opinion for this series when I read the second book!

-Allie

Book update - The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan - Pg. 49 out of 381! (Chapter 3 out of 23!)

No comments:

Post a Comment