Monday, May 25, 2015

Review! Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett (Chasing Vermeer - Book 1)



Chasing Vermeer (Chasing Vermeer, #1)
About the book: When a book of unexplainable occurrences brings Petra Andalee and Calder Pillay together, strange things start to happen: Seemingly unrelated events connect, an eccentric old woman seeks their company, and an invaluable Vermeer painting disappears. Before they know it, the two find themselves at the center of an international art scandal, where no one - neighbors, parents, teachers - is spared from suspicion. As Petra and Calder are drawn clue by clue into a mysterious labyrinth, they must draw on their powers of intuition, their problem-solving skills, and their knowledge of Vermeer. Can they decipher a crime that has left even the FBI baffled?

Pages: 254 plus 16 bonus pages and 9 of the next book, The Wright 3

Genre(s): Children, Mystery

Age range: 10+

POV: Alternates between third person, Petra - main character, 12 and third person, Calder - main character, 12 

Stars: 3/5 

Review: So, when I first started this book I just couldn't get into it....I'm not sure whether it was just the way it was written or the content, but I honestly almost put it down...I know one thing was that it felt like every little thing that happened was connected to every other little thing and it was very near crossing the line of not being believable. But I hate stopping in the middle of a book, so I did go on to finish it! Surprisingly enough, I actually liked the ending and I like the way there were connections between everything, if only there hadn't been so many! I plan on most likely reading the second one and hopefully I'll be able to get into this one sooner! (And yes, I know it's incredibly late, but I really wanted to finish this one tonight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment