Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Book Review! The Staff of Serapis by Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson/Kane Chronicles Crossover - Book 2)

The Staff of Serapis (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #2)
About the book: In this adventure, Annabeth encounters more oddities in the subway than usual, including a two-headed monster and a younger blond girl who reminds her a little of herself. This is the story fans have asked for, in which Annabeth Chase teams up with Sadie Kane. The demigod daughter of Athena and the young magician from Brooklyn House take on a larger-than-life foe from the ancient world. Perhaps even more disturbing than the power-hungry god they encounter is the revelation that he is being controlled by someone - someone all too familiar to Sadie.

Pages: Another ebook so there isn't a particular number, also a short preview of The Blood of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus - Book 5) which I have yet to read because I haven't finished House of Hades and I hate spoilers!

Genre(s): Preteen/Teen, Fantasy

Age range: 12+

POV: Third person, Annabeth - main character, 17

Stars: 4/5

Review: The story line behind this one was very good and I of course loved the fact that Sadie and Annabeth meet! However, since the other two books are written in the first person point of view, I wish this one had been too. I was also a little surprised that Sadie and Annabeth told each other pretty much everything the second they met. From all of the books I've read that Annabeth has been part of, I can't see her giving up that much information so readily... I did enjoy how close Annabeth and Sadie became, I just wish it had happened at a bit of a slower pace! All together, it's a very good book and anyone who enjoys the Percy Jackson series and Kane Chronicles trilogy should definitely read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment